'Lonely Planet guides are, quite simply, like no other'. New York Times
The ultimate, most comprehensive guide to travelling in Scotland includes up-to-date reviews of the best places to stay, eat, sights, cultural information, maps, transport tips and a few best kept secrets – all the essentials to get to the heart of Scotland.
This guide is the result of 4 months research by 2 dedicated authors and local experts who immersed themselves in Scotland, finding unique experiences, and sharing practical and honest advice, so you come away informed and amazed.
Inside Lonely Planet Scotland:
• Full color styling and images
• Over 50 clear, easy-to-read color maps
• A brilliant new page layout for fast and hassle-free reading while on the go
• Itineraries organized by region or length of trip
• Up-to-date recommended points-of-interest – covering eating, sleeping, going out, shopping, activities and attractions
• In-depth 3-D features to uncover the world's iconic sights
• Our latest trip planning tools to help you get around smoothly
• Additional sections including Top Experiences, History, Architecture, and an A-Z survival guide.
Special eBook enhancements:
• Scalable maps – enabling you to zoom in for greater detail
• Comprehensive interlinking – more than 1,000 links to enable you to seamlessly flip between pages, jump between maps and reviews, or visit the websites of places we recommend
• Search – go straight to what you are looking for with the inbuilt search capability
• Add notes – touch a word to add notes and personalize your guidebook
• Bookmark – use bookmarks to quickly return to a page
• Dictionary –look up the meaning of any word
• Plus pinch and zoom images and scalable font size
Written and researched by Neil Wilson and Andy Symington